Samancor Chrome is more than just a workplace - it’s an environment where individuals can nurture their talents for their own enrichment as well as that of the company, surrounding communities and South Africa. It’s a company that lives by its values daily. As a graduate, I would definitely recommend Samancor Chrome!
Samancor Chrome’s core business is the mining and smelting of chrome ore. With an annual capacity of some one million tons, we are one of the largest integrated ferrochrome producers in the world. We produce three grades of ferrochrome, each used in different areas of the stainless steel smelting process.
Car/travel allowance; phone allowance; study leave; study (financial) support; medical aid scheme
• Other: Geology, HR, Safety Health Environment and Quality (SHEQ)
Progressive and innovative + committed to safe and responsible mining + performance excellence + recognition of individual contributions + culture of continuous improvement + employees are committed to the company’s growth and success by becoming the best
• Samancor Chrome is traditionally a smaller company, which allows you as the graduate access to and interaction with management. This affords you excellent exposure to high-level decision making and strategic processes.
• We have developed a culture in which everybody’s inputs and contributions are valued.
• We provide graduates with an environment in which individual ideas are tested and recognised, and creativity is rewarded.
• As the graduate, you enlist in the Graduate Development Programme and are then guided in your area of responsibility by an appointed mentor.
• Should you become an employee, we’ll encourage you to fur ther your studies and reach your full potential by maintaining an individual development plan.