Joburg Market is unquestionably the employer of choice in the country’s fresh produce commission market. It’s a world class Market in its own right with a unique sense of Ubuntu. The organisation provides a solid base from which one can build a great lasting career.
Joburg Market can be described as Africa’s leading stock exchange for fresh produce. It is a one-stop destination for retailers, shopkeepers, street traders, restaurateurs, housewives and exporters alike. They all come to the Market to access the widest variety of fruit and vegetables imaginable.
Car/travel allowance; phone allowance ; study leave; study (financial) support;
laptop; gym or gym subsidy; medical aid scheme
• Economics and Management
• Finance (accounting, auditing)
• Natural Sciences
Focus on continuous self- improvement + commitment to community development + the belief of power in the collective + continuous investment in staff + dedicated to developing talent
• To continuously expand your knowledge of processes and systems through the company’s learning culture.
• To enhance your particular set of skills through significant training opportunities and the provision of study support.
• To grasp the intricacies of the in-house financial system and enhance your communication skills through the company’s challenging environment.
• One percent of the company’s total operational expenditure (OPEX) is dedicated to your training and development as a member of Joburg Market’s staff.
• You will be provided with the opportunity to enrol at any tertiary institution, at the company’s expense, to pursue your chosen field of study, even if it is not directly related to your occupation within Joburg Market.
• A Performance Management System allows managers to measure and manage your performance, enabling them to identify and address your challenges early on, as well as to motivate and sustain your positive performance.